BLUEBERRY CUSTARD TART (Recipe developed for @FIRST CHOICE
3 sheets of phyllo pastry, halved lengthwise
60 g butter, melted
200 g fresh blueberries
75 ml castor sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
30 ml cornflour
3 egg yolks,
30 ml lemon juice
250 ml custard (I used FIRST CHOICE store-bought custard)
150 ml soured cream
150 g blueberries
±25 ml honey
200 ml cream
More fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 170° Brush the halved phyllo pastry sheets with the melted butter and stack
- Line a greased rectangular loose-bottomed pie dish with the phyllo sheets and trim off any excess pastry or tuck it in.
- Sprinkle 150 g of the blueberries evenly over the pastry
- Combine the castor sugar, cornflour, salt, egg yolks, lemon juice and the zest and mix well to combine. Add the custard and the soured cream and mix well.
- Pour the custard mixture over the blueberries and sprinkle over the rest (50 g) of the blueberries. Bake for about 25 minutes until the custard is set and golden on top and the pastry crisp and golden brown. If the pastry becomes too dark during baking, cover the tart with foil
- Cool completely
- Whip the cream and swirl in the roasted blueberries. Spoon some of the roasted blueberry cream on top of the tart and serve with the rest on the side
- TO ROAST THE BLUEBERRIES: Place the blueberries in a small ovenproof dish, drizzle over the honey and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Cool completely.