250 g crushed Oreo biscuits
80 g butter, melted
650 g cream cheese, room temperature
100 ml castor sugar
30 ml flour
300 g Nutella
100 ml soured cream
150 g Nutella
80 g dark chocolate, chopped
80 ml cream
CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
150 ml cream
30 ml castor sugar
30 ml cacao
Ferrero Rocher chocolates for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line a well-greased 23 cm loose bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine the crushed Oreo biscuits and melted butter to make the crust. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared cake tin. Bake for 6 minutes, remove from the oven and cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 130°C.
- Meanwhile make the filling by beating the cream cheese, castor sugar, flour and Nutella on low speed to combine. If using a mixer use the paddle attachment. Try not to whip in any air.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat on low speed until incorporated. Mix in the soured cream and spoon the filling into the cooled crust.
- Cover the cake tin with foil around the bottom and sides. Use wide foil to avoid getting a seam in the foil (it must be completely sealed from water) and – place the cake tin inside another larger pan. Fill the outside pan with enough hot water to go about halfway up the sides of the cake tin. (TIP – MAKE SURE NO WATER CAN GET TO THE CAKE TIN)
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Open the oven door a little and cool for about 1 hour before removing the cheesecake from the oven and water bath. Top with two thirds of the Nutella filling and place in the fridge overnight.
- To make the Nutella filling: Combine all the ingredients and place in the microwave for 15-20 seconds at a time, stirring well each time, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Cool for about 5 minutes before spooning it on top of the cheescake
- To make the whipped cream topping: whip together all the ingredients until stiff and place into a piping bag with a star nozzle
- Remove the cheesecake from the cake tin and place on a serving plate.
- Pipe the whipped cream around the outer edge of the cheesecake, drizzle with the left over Nutella topping and garnish with the Ferrero Rocher chocolates