FLORENTINES – CHOCOLATE DIPPED
140 g castor sugar
60 g honey
60 ml cream
60 g candied lemon peel
150 g flaked almonds
120 g 70% dark chocolate, melted for dipping
- Heat the honey, cream and castor sugar in a small saucepan until the temperature reaches 118°C. If you don’t have a cooking thermometer, simmer for about 5 minutes but do not allow to turn brown.
- Remove from heat, add the candied lemon and flaked almonds. Stir gently until coated.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Spoon teaspoons full of the mixture into silicone cups/silicon muffin baking tray (so that Florentines keeps their shape)
- Bake for about 8 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then invert the Florentines.
- Dip the bottom of each Florentine in the melted chocolate, or use a spoon for coating. Allow to set and store in an airtight container