CARROT CAKE PANCAKES
160 g peeled and lightly chopped carrots
260 ml milk
80 ml sunflower oil
190 g cake flour
50 g soft brown sugar
2,5 ml salt
10 ml baking powder
5 ml ground cinnamon
WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE
125 g cream cheese
30 ml castor sugar
5 ml vanilla
80 ml cream
- Place the carrots in a blender and blend till fine.Add the milk, eggs and the oil and blend quickly into the carrots
- Mix together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and the cinnamon.Mix well together
- Add the carrot mixture to the dry ingredients and mix to make the batter.Do not overmix the batter
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat. When pan is hot, add a little butter.
- Scoop big spoonsful of the batter into the pan. Cook on first side until bubbles form all over the top of the pancakes.
- Flip pancakes and cook 1 to 2 minutes on the second side. Keep warm while you make the rest
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting: Place the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until the cream cheese is smooth (use a hand mixer)
- Add in the cream and continue to beat until the mix thicken.
- Serve big dollop sof the whipped cream cheese on top of your pancakes, drizzle with honey and sprinkle over some toasted, chopped walnuts.