CHURROS – SERVED WITH NUTELLA DIP
200 ml water
80 g butter
15 ml sugar
Pinch of salt
180 ml flour (110 g)
2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
125 ml castor sugar
5 ml ground cinnamon
- In a small sauce pan, bring the water, butter, sugar and the pinch of salt to a boil over medium heat. Once the mixture boils, reduce the heat and add in the flour and mix rapidly using a wooden spatula. Continue stirring the mixture until the mixture thickens and does not stick to the sides of the pot.
- Remove from the heat and cool
- Once the churro dough is a little bit cooler add in the eggs one at a time while continuing to mix well. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- On a baking paper lined baking sheet pipe ±10 cm long churros. (Cut the ends using a pair of scissors). Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- 3 minutes before your churros are ready to be baked, preheat the air fryer to 190° Gently remove the frozen churros from the baking paper and place them into the air fryer basket and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl or plastic bag combine the sugar and the cinnamon. Place the baked churros in the sugar mixture as soon as they come out of the air fryer, toss them in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat them evenly.
NUTELLA DIP: Combine 180g Nutella and 50 ml cream in a heat-proof jug and melt together in the microwave. Stir well to mix