CHICKEN, CORN AND CHEESE NACHOS
30 ml oil
4 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
1 red onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
200 g tinned corn kernels, drained (or the corn of two cooked sweetcorn cobs)
200 ml mild tomato salsa
350 g plain nachos
200 g grated STRONG cheddar cheese
2 avocados, peeled and sliced
15 ml lime juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
150 ml crème fraiche
160 ml thinly sliced jalapeño chilies (optional)
fresh coriander and limes for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat and cook the chicken strips until done and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan.
- Add the onion and the garlic to the same pan and cook until soft and starting to caramelize. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Add the chicken to the onion mixture along with the cherry tomatoes and corn.
- Divide the nachos between four ovenproof serving bowls (or one large dish) and spoon the chicken mixture over the nachos.
- Spoon over the salsa.
- Top with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and golden brown (about 12 minutes).
- Season the avocados with salt and pepper and drizzle over the lime juice.
- Serve the nachos immediately with the crème fraiche, avocado, coriander and the jalapeño chilies on the side or piled on top.