NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
Difficulty level: A LITTLE EFFORT
Prepping time: 30 minutes
Setting time: 2 hours
200 g digestive biscuits, crushed
90 g melted butter
60 ml water
10 ml powdered gelatine
500 g cream cheese (room temperature)
90 g castor sugar
zest of 1 lime
150 ml strawberry pulp
200 ml strawberry yoghurt
250 ml whipping cream
±15 strawberries, washed, stems removed and halved
125 ml whipping cream, whipped
- CRUST: Grease and line a 22 cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Combine the biscuits and melted butter and mix well.
- Press into the cake tin bottom. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to set
- FILLING: Sprinkle the gelatine over the water and leave to hydrate for a few minutes. Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds to dissolve the gelatine
- Beat together the cream cheese, castor sugar, zest and add the slightly cooled gelatine mixture. Beat in the strawberry pulp and yoghurt.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture
- TO ASSEMBLE: Line the sides of the greased cake tin with the halved strawberries (cut side facing the cake tin) on top of the crust.
- Spoon the filling into the crust and place in fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Decorate with the rest of the whipped cream and fresh strawberries