INDIVIDUAL LEMONCURD BASQUE CHEESECAKES
370 g cream cheese at room temp
100 g castor sugar
150 ml cream
Zest of 1 small lemon
5 ml vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
20 g flour
1 egg yolk
110 g castor sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
60 ml lemon juice
70 g butter, melted
Lemon curd and whipped cream
Icing sugar to dust
- To make the lemon curd in your Instant Pot: whisk the eggs, egg yolk, sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice and butter together in a heat resistant glass bowl. Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and place a trivet/rack in the pot. Cover the bowl tightly with foil and place bowl on the trivet.
- Seal the Instant Pot lid and pressure cook at high pressure for 3 minutes then naturally release for 10 minutes. Carefully remove and strain through a fine sieve. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
- Preheat both the Vortex Dual Air fryer ovens to 200°C. Grease 4 X 10 cm tart tins well and line with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is very smooth. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With the motor running, gradually add the cream, lemon rind, vanilla and salt and beat to combine.
- Sift flour over the cream cheese mixture. Beat on low speed until smooth. Spoon over one-third of the lemon curd and use a large metal spoon to gently marble.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the prepared tart tins. Spoon over some of the remaining lemon curd and use a knife to gently marble. Bake for 10 mins or until the cheesecake is golden brown and puffed. Set aside to cool completely. Place in the fridge to cool completely
- Drizzle cheesecakes with the remaining lemon curd and top with cream mixture.