(±18cm round cake tin or pie dish OR use a silicone Bundt mould)
4 large eggs
220 g cream cheese
30 ml NATURA light muscovado sugar (OR brown sugar)
1 tin condensed milk
1 tin evaporated milk
1/2 pod vanilla seeds scraped out.
110 g castor sugar for caramel.
- Preheat your oven to 150°C and grease the cake tin or silicone mould (or use Spray&Cook)
- Make a dry caramel over medium heat. Pour into your prepared baking dish and allow it to become hard
- Blend the eggs, cream cheese and light muscovado sugar.
- Add the vanilla seeds, evaporated milk and the condensed milk.
- Pour the mixture over the hard caramel.
- Bake in a water bath for 20 minutes uncovered. After 30 minutes, cover it gently with foil and bake another 30 – 40 minutes, the custard should be soft – wiggly but set.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Unmould on a serving plate and drizzle the caramel over