JENNA’S GIANT WHITE CHOC CHIP COOKIES
170g butter, softened to room temperature
150g brown sugar
50g granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
10 ml vanilla extract
500ml cake flour
10 ml cornflour
5 ml bicarb
125g white chocolate chips, plus a few extra for garnish
100g dried cranberries, plus a few extra for garnish
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until combined and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and beat till combined
- Sieve the flour, cornflour, bicarb and salt together. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be soft and thick. Add the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries and beat on low speed until combined. Cover dough tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Chilling will prevent the cookies from over-spreading.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Scoop dough into 60g balls of the dough and then roll into balls, GENTLY press each one down. Don’t make them too flat. Arrange dough balls ±6 cm apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. The centres will still look soft. If cookies didn’t spread much, lightly bang the baking sheets on the counter a couple times while the cookies are still warm.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. During this time, press extra white chocolate chips and dried cranberries into the warm tops. After 5 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.