TENDERSTEM BROCCOLI SOUP WITH GORGONZOLA TOASTIES
20 ml olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
800 g long stem broccoli
1 potato, peeled and chopped
900 ml chicken stock OR vegetable stock
200 ml cream
Bread/use ciabatta or baguette, sliced
45 ml olive oil
120 g Gorgonzola cheese OR any other strong cheese of your choice
150 g long stem broccoli florets
20 g butter
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- TO MAKE THE SOUP: Heat oil in a saucepan and add onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes then add broccoli, potato and stock.
- Simmer until broccoli and potatoes are tender. Cool briefly, then purée with a hand-held blender, season to taste and stir in the cream.
- TO MAKE TOASTES: Meanwhile place the bread on an oven tray and brush with olive oil, then bake in oven until starting to go golden brown, top with cheese and bake until cheese melts
- TO SERVE: Heat butter in a frying pan over high heat, add broccoli florets and sauté until tender
- Top the soup with broccoli florets and serve with cheese toasts.