QUINCE TART TATIN
(Enough to serve 8)
3 quinces, peeled and cored, cut into wedges
1 liter water
200g NATURA SUGAR golden castor sugar
1 vanilla pod, cut open
15 ml cider vinegar
60 g butter
1 sheet/roll puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Combine the water, sugar, vanilla pod and the cider vinegar in a saucepan and add the quince wedges. Cook on low heat until it is soft but still quite firm. Drain AND KEEP THE POACHING LIQUID
- Melt the butter and add the poaching liquid in the pan in which you are going to bake your tart. Reduce to a syrup then add the quince wedges. Cook for about 2 minute to lightly caramelize the quinces then cool to room temperature. The pan must be ovenproof.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured worktop and cut a circle a bit bigger than the pan (about 4cm larger in diameter)
- Cover the quinces with the puff pastry and tuck in the pastry so that the fruit is contained. Cut a slit in the centre of the pastry to let out steam.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, then place a serving dish on top of the pan and carefully turn upside down (work quickly and be very careful). Remove the pan. If any fruit has moved out of place, now is the time to carefully put them back in place if necessary.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.