BILTONG AND CHEESE NACHOS
These nachos are SO delicious and a huge treat! It takes about 15 minutes to prepare. It is perfect for a Friday night stay at home dinner OR as a snack. Perfect holiday food!
350 g plain nachos
200 ml mild tomato salsa OR peppadew salsa
200 g cherry tomatoes
200 g grated cheddar cheese
250 g moist biltong, sliced
250 ml soured cream OR crème fraiche
60 ml chopped jalapeno, thinly sliced (optional)
80 g finely grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper for seasoning
fresh coriander for serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Divide the nachos between 4 ovenproof serving bowls (or one large dish) and spoon the salsa in between and over the nachos.
- Top with some cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkle generously with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and golden brown (about 12 minutes)
- Top with the biltong slices, dollops of crème fraiche, jalapenos (if using) and some finely grated, parmesan cheese
- Top with some fresh coriander
- Serve immediately.