BAKED CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE
(Makes one 22 cm cheesecake)
200 g Tennis biscuits OR Digestive biscuits
110 g melted butter
30 g dark cacao powder, sifted
240 g dark chocolate
80 g butter
25 g dark cacao powder, sifted
700 g cream cheese
150 g castor sugar
2,5 ml salt
4 eggs, beaten
300 g DANONE DIVINE DOUBLE CREAM CHOCOLATE RASBERRY FLAVOURED YOGHURT
- Heat the oven to 150°C and grease a 22 cm springform cake tin very well and cover the cake tin at the bottom and around the sides with one large piece of foil (to prevent water from getting into the tin). You could also cover it first with clingfilm and then with the foil.
- TO MAKE THE CRUST: Combine the biscuits, melted butter and cacao in a food processor and process until it is very fine and starts to clump together. Press into the base of the prepared cake tin. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes and cool completely
- TO MAKE THE FILLING: Melt together the chocolate, butter and the cacao powder on a very low heat in a small saucepan and cool to room temperature.
- Beat the cream cheese with the paddle attachment of your beater and add the sugar and salt. Beat it at very low speed. Rest for a few minutes for sugar to dissolve
- At very low speed – add the eggs a little at a time and make sure it is mixed in well. You don’t want to beat in air – it will cause cheesecake to rise too much and crack once cooled. Scrape down the sides a few times.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture and the yoghurt and mix in gently to combine.
- Spoon the filling into the baked crust
- Place in a bain-marie (a pan with boiling water – it must reach up high to the tin. I put it into a larger cake tin filled with very hot water) MAKE SURE THAT NO WATER CAN COME INTO THE SPRINGFORM CAKE TIN
- Bake for 1 hour, turn and bake for another 30 minutes. Open the door of the oven and leave in the oven to cool for one hour.
- Place in fridge overnight, remove from the cake tin and top with raspberries and chocolate curls.
- Always cut your cheesecake with a warm knife. It will last in the fridge for up to a week