These two nutritional super stars marry well.
1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 tin (400 g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
30 ml olive oil
5 ml paprika
5 ml chopped fresh thyme
salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 ml ground cumin
15 ml grated ginger
5 ml grated fresh turmeric (or use 2,5 ml ground turmeric)
150 g potatoes, peeled and diced
500 ml vegetable stock
200 ml fresh cream
250 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Combine the cauliflower, chickpeas, half of the olive oil, paprika, thyme and seasoning in an ovenproof dish, mix well and roast for about 25 minutes. Stir once during the cooking period. Remove from the oven and keep aside – reserve about one-third of this mixture to use as garnish for the soup.
- Meanwhile, place the rest of the olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat and add the cumin, ginger and turmeric. Cook for 1 minute and then add the potatoes. Cook for a few minutes and then add the stock.
- Simmer the potatoes on low heat until they are cooked. Cool a little and then stir in the cream, milk and two-thirds of the roasted cauliflower and chickpea mixture.
- Blend until smooth and adjust the seasoning to taste. Add more liquid if soup is too thick
- Reheat and serve with the reserved roasted cauliflower and chickpeas and some more fresh thyme.