CHICKEN, CORN AND CHEESE SPRING ROLLS
1 onion, chopped
30 ml sunflower oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
30 ml freshly grated ginger
1 chili, chopped
400 g chicken breast, cut into very small pieces
200 ml beansprouts
125 ml fresh coriander, chopped
125 ml chopped spring onion
250 ml grated cheddar cheese
1 tin corn, drained
30 ml corn flour
24 spring roll wrappers
water and flour paste to use as “glue”
- Saute the onion in the oil until cooked and starting to brown, then add the ginger and garlic.Cook for another minute then add the chicken and chili,
- Stir fry until the chicken is cooked.Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Add the beansprouts and cook until they are starting to wilt
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Add the coriander, spring onion, , cheese and the corn and lastly mix in the corn flour
- Separate the spring roll sheets from one another and cover them with a damp cloth.
- Make a paste with water and flour
- Place the spring roll wrapper on a flat surface so that a corner is facing toward you. Use about two tablespoons of the filling per spring roll, and spoon it about 5 cm from the corner that is closest to you.
- Roll it over once, and, like you’re making a burrito, then fold over both sides.
- Continue rolling it into a cigar shape. With your fingers, brush a bit of the corn starch paste onto the corners of the wrapper that is farthest from you to seal it.
- Heat enough sun flower oil in a deep fryer to 160°C and fry the spring rolls until golden brown and crisp.Drain on kitchen paper and serve with a dipping sauce
- The spring rolls will also freeze very well