(passionfruit crème patissiere in homemade eclairs, drizzled with white choc passionfruit topping)
250 ml boiling water
125 g butter
250 ml cake flour
4 XL eggs
PASSIONFRUIT CRÈME PATISSIERE
500 ml milk
35 g cake flour
35 g corn flour
100g castor sugar
1,5 ml salt
125 ml FIRST CHOICE passionfruit dairy dessert topping or passionfruit pulp
60 g butter
PASSIONFRUIT WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
150 g white chocolate, chopped
40 ml cream
60 ml passionfruit pulp
- TO MAKE THE ECLAIRS: Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease two baking trays.
- Place the boiling water in a saucepan, add the butter and melt.Bring to the boil
- Add the flour all at once – and stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together into a ball.Cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat whilst stirring well.
- Remove from the heat, transfer the choux paste to a clean bowl
- Leave to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after every addition. Make sure all the egg is incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Spoon the choux paste into a piping bag fitted with a nozzle and pipe long eclairs onto your baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200°C and then turn down the heat to 180°C for another 20 minutes.The eclairs must be golden brown and crisp.
- TIP:Pierce with a skewer 5 minutes before the end of the baking time to release steam and return to the oven.
- TO MAKE THE CRÈME PATISSIERE: Pour the milk into a small saucepan and bring to the boil
- Mix together the flour, corn flour, castor sugar, salt and the eggs to make a paste.Pour the hot milk over and mix very well with a whisk.
- Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan on low heat and bring to a gently simmer whilst stirring all the time. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the passionfruit dessert topping and the butter.Spoon into a clean bowl, cover the surface with clingfilm and leave to cool completely
- TO MAKE THE PASSIONFRUIT WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE: Place the white chocolate, passionfruit pulp and the cream into a bowl on a double boiler. Heat gently to melt.
- Cool and keep aside
- TO ASSEMBLE: Spoon the passionfruit crème patissiere into a piping bag, fitted with a nozzle. Make holes in the bottom of the eclairs, insert the piping bag and fill the eclairs with the crème patissiere. Drizzle over some of the cooled ganache and place in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- OPTIONAL to pipe whipped cream on top of the eclairs just before serving. Garnish with mint and a little fresh passionfruit pulp