TRIO OF CUSTARD PANNA COTTAS
350 ml FIRST CHOICE custard (or any other custard of your choice)
350 ml cream
80 ml castor sugar
5 ml vanilla extract
6 gelatine sheets, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes
berries for topping (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries)
60 ml FIRST CHOICE strawberry dessert topping OR any chopped fresh strawberries
60 ml FIRST CHOICE passionfruit dessert topping OR use the pulp of 4 passionfruits
2 kiwi fruits, peeled and chopped
icing sugar for dusting
- Heat the custard and cream in a small saucepan on low heat – do not boil. Add the castor sugar and vanilla.
- Squeeze the excess water from the soaked gelatine sheets and add to the warm mixture. Stir well to dissolve.
- Pour into 12 small glass jars or bowls and leave in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- Top 4 of the jars with the berry dessert topping and garnish with berries
- Top 4 jars with passionfruit dessert topping or the pulp of 4 passionfruits
- Top 4 jars with the chopped kiwi
- Plate 3 jars per person and garnish with fresh berries and a dusting of icing sugar