YOGHURT AND BANANA BUNDT CAKE WITH SALTED CARAMEL DRIZZLE
(Makes one medium sized cake – serving 12)
200 g butter at room temperature
200 g castor sugar
4 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed with a fork
30 ml lemon juice
350 g cake flour
5 ml bicarbonate of soda
10 ml baking powder
2,5 ml salt
250 ml vanilla full cream yoghurt
150 g castor sugar
150 g soft brown sugar
150 g golden syrup
200 g butter
250 ml cream
5 ml vanilla extract
5 ml Maldon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a bundt cake tin very well.
- Cream together the butter and castor sugar until it is light and fluffy.Add the eggs one at a time and beat very well between each addition.
- Mix the mashed banana and lemon juice together and add to the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Sieve together the flour, bicarb, baking powder and the salt
- Add the dry ingredients and the yoghurt to the butter and banana mixture and mix gently to make the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared bundt cake tin and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes 0R until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for about 15 minutes in the tin before turning the cake out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- TO MAKE THE SALTED CARAMEL: Place all the ingredients, except the Maldon salt, into a medium sized saucepan and dissolve on low heat.
- Once all the sugar has dissolved,allow to boil until the mixture reaches 111°C. Use a sugar thermometer. Remove from the heat and cool. Once it has cooled you can mix in the salt
- TO ASSEMBLE:Place the cake on a serving plate and drizzle generously with the salted caramel. Serve with more salted caramel on the side