ROASTED BLUEBERRY & THYME VANILLA VELVET BARS
500 ml FIRST CHOICE VANILLA VELVET, chilled
350 g blueberries
60 ml maple syrup OR brown sugar
30 ml chopped thyme
150 g Oreo biscuits, crushed
100 g pitted fresh dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, drained
60 ml FIRST CHOICE butter, melted
additional 100g blueberries for topping
- Beat the vanilla velvet until light and fluffy using an electric beater.Place in the freezer overnight to make your vanilla ice cream
- Place the blueberries, maple syrup and chopped thyme in an ovenproof dish and roast in a preheated oven (180°C) for 20 minutes.Cool completely.
- Mix together the Oreos, dates and melted butter to make the crust.Press into the bottom of a loose-bottomed rectangular cake tin (12 cm X 28 cm).
- Soften half of the ice cream and mix with the roasted blueberries.Spoon into the crust and place in freezer for 30 minutes
- Soften the rest of the ice cream and spoon on top of the blueberry ice cream.Top with the rest of the blueberries and freeze till hard.
- Cut into bars and serve as a delicious dessert or snack