CITRUS CHEESECAKE WITH SWEET SUNRISE JELLY
200 g digestive biscuits, crushed
100 g melted butter
zest of 1 lemon
500 g cream cheese, at room temperature
250 ml soured cream
100 g castor sugar
30 ml SWEET SUNRISE juice
zest of 1 SWEET SUNRISE GRAPEFRUIT
SWEET SUNRISE JELLY:
300 ml strained SWEET SUNRISE GRAPEFRUIT juice
30 g castor sugar
3 gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 150° Grease a loose bottomed rectangular cake tin 35 X 12 cm very well or use Spray&Cook.
- Process biscuits to fine crumbs, add butter and zest, and pulse until well combined. Press into prepared tin so crumbs are well compacted and bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- For cheesecake filling: beat the cream cheese with an electric beater until smooth, add eggs and beat until just combined. Add soured cream, sugar and zest and mix well.
- Lastly add the SWEET SUNRISE juice and mix well. Pour the filling into the biscuit base.
- Cover the bottom and sides of the cake tin with foil – make sure no water can seep into the cake tin. Place the cake tin in a larger pan and pour enough boiling water into the larger pan to reach halfway up to the cake tin (to make a bain marie). MAKE SURE THAT NO WATER CAN COME INTO THE LOOSE-BOTTOMED CAKE TIN.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from the bain marie and set aside to cool (20-25 minutes), then refrigerate until cold.
- For SWEET SUNRISE jelly: stir the juice and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Squeeze excess water from the gelatine, add to the saucepan and stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely and until the jelly starts to set.
- Gently pour the jelly over the back of a spoon onto the cold cheesecake. Refrigerate until set and chilled.
- Garnish with thin slices of SWEET SUNRISE GRAPEFRUIT