CHOCOLATE ORANGE MADELEINES
250 ml cake flour
10 ml baking powder
15 g cacao
pinch of salt
140 g castor sugar
30 ml honey
5 ml vanilla essence
zest of 1 orange
30 ml orange juice
100 g butter
100 g dark chocolate, chopped
melted chocolate for dipping
crystalised orange zest for garnish (optional)
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, honey, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla extract and add to the dry ingredients. Mix together
- Melt together the butter and chocolate then add to the batter. Whisk until smooth and sticky.
- Transfer the batter to a pastry bag and let sit at room temperature for one hour. (or overnight)
- Preheat your oven to 190°C degrees F. Brush 2 madeleine pans generously with butter and dust with flour – tapping out any excess flour. Pipe or spoon (the batter into the pan, filling 2/3 of each madeleine well. Bake for 8-10, until edges are browned slightly, and the body springs back when pressed.
- Cool on a wire rack and cool. Dip in melted dark chocolate and garnish with crystalised orange zest
Batter can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days before baking.