Beef mince curry with red kidney beans
This dish will take you less than 30 minutes to prepare and everybody loves it! You can also serve the curry in pita breads or wraps.
30 ml oil
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500 g lean beef mince
salt and freshly ground black pepper
50 ml fruit chutney
50 ml tomato sauce
300 ml tinned chopped tomato
30 ml curry paste (I like to use Pakco curry paste)
5 ml turmeric
1 tin (400 g) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
60 ml chopped fresh coriander
4 ready-made rotis
20 ml melted butter
100 ml thick full-cream yoghurt
fresh mint for serving
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft.
- Turn up the heat, add the mince and stir, breaking it up as you stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chutney, tomato sauce, chopped tomato, curry paste, turmeric and the beans. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat with the lid on. Mix in the coriander.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and brush the pan generously with the melted butter. Fry one roti at a time on both sides until they puff up and become golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the melted butter and rotis.
- Serve the curry with the rotis for a very quick and delicious meal. Add a dollop of yoghurt and some mint for extra yumminess.