CHOCOLATE AND BANANA BREAKFAST PANCAKES – WITH HONEY COMB CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
250 ml cake flour
10 ml baking powder
pinch of salt
250 ml buttermilk
45 ml honey
60 ml sunflower oil OR melted butter
2 bananas, mashed and sprinkled with 15 ml lemon juice
melted butter for brushing the pan
2 bananas, sliced and mixed with 15 ml lemon juice
80 g DeVilliers Honey Comb milk chocolate, lightly chopped OR Any dark chocolate
80 ml cream
60 ml toasted seeds and nuts
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix together the egg, buttermilk, honey and sunflower oil. Mix in the mashed banana and lemon
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix together to make the batter.
- Heat a large non-stick pan on low heat and brush lightly with a little melted butter. Place large spoonsful of the batter in the pan and cook it on both sides until golden brown and cooked.
- TO MAKE THE HONEY COMB CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: Combine the chocolate and cream in a glass jug and melt together in the microwave on low power setting. Stir regularly.
- TO SERVE: Serve the pancakes stacked on serving plates, top with sliced bananas and drizzle with the chocolate. Lastly sprinkle over some seeds and serve immediately
TOASTED SEEDS AND NUTS:
50 ml each of the following: chopped pecans or walnuts, almond flakes, sunflower seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds
Mix together and spread out on a baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C until lightly toasted. TIP: You can make this the day before and store in fridge for up to one month. Also delicious on salads