CHICKEN MEATBALLS WITH CANNELLINI BEANS AND SPINACH
500 g chicken mince
1 onion, chopped finely
salt and black pepper for seasoning
50 ml dried breadcrumbs, soaked in 50 ml cold water
zest of 1 lemon
10 ml garlic and herb seasoning
30 ml olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 ml dried crushed chili
125 ml cream
125 ml chicken stock
400 g drained, rinsed cannellini beans
100 g baby spinach
30 g parmesan cheese shavings
- Combine the chicken mince, onion, egg, salt and black pepper, soaked breadcrumbs, lemon zest and the garlic and herb seasoning together in a bowl and mix well.
- Wet your hands a little and shape about 24 meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on low heat and add the meatballs.Cook on low heat on both sides until cooked and golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Add the garlic and chili flakes to the pan, then add the cream, stock and the beans.Cook for about 5 minutes then season
- Add the meatballs back into the pan as well as the baby spinach.Warm through and wilt the spinach.
- Serve immediately topped with parmesan shavings