MEDITERANEAN PAN FRIED CHICKEN
4 chicken breast fillets, pounded to even thickness
60 ml flour
20 g butter
10 ml olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
50 g chopped sun dried tomatoes
Salt, black pepper to taste
250 ml chicken stock
125 ml cream or crème fraiche
125 ml halved, pitted kalamata olives
60 ml chopped basil
More basil for serving
OPTIONAL: oven-roasted vine tomatoes for serving
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the olive oil and half of the garlic.
- Dust the chicken fillets with the flour and cook the chicken in the frying pan on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Add the rest of the garlic, sundried tomato, olives, chicken stock and cream to the frying pan and bring to a boil. Cook until thick and creamy. Season and add the chopped basil.
- Return chicken to the pan and spoon some of the sauce over the chicken. You can top it with the vine tomatoes and some more fresh basil
- Serve with mashed potatoes or a green salad