BEST CHOCOLATE AND PECAN NUT BROWNIES
300 g butter
100 g dark chocolate (70%), chopped
40 g good quality cacao
5 ml vanilla extract
300 g soft brown sugar
110 g Self raising flour
80 g chopped pecan nuts
pinch of salt
chuckles/whispers and chopped pecan nuts for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease and line a 22cm X 30cm brownie pan with baking paper.
- Place the butter, dark chocolate, cacao and vanilla extract in a small saucepan on low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat, cool for about 10 minutes and then beat in the eggs and the brown sugar
- Mix the flour, salt and pecan nuts into the melted chocolate mixture then pour the batter into the prepared
- Bake for about 22 minutes until the brownie is set but not overcooked.
- Cool in the pan and pour over the ganache. Sprinkle over the chopped chuckles and nuts and place in the fridge to set
- Once set – cut into 24 portions
TIP: Bake until set around the edges but still fudgy in the centre – a skewer inserted in the centre should have some wet mixture on it.
Bring 140 ml of cream to the boil and stir in 160g chopped 70% dark chocolate. Stir vigorously to melt the chocolate in the hot cream and pour the ganache over the cooled chocolate brownies. Sprinkle over some more chopped nuts AND chopped chuckles/whispers/ and cut when completely cold and set