COCONUT SAGO PUDDING WITH PASSIONFRUIT AND LIME DRIZZLE
180 ml sago
1 tin coconut milk OR coconut cream
250 ml milk
100 ml castor OR coconut sugar
Pinch of salt
60 ml toasted coconut
125 ml passionfruit pulp
2 limes, zest and juice
80 ml castor sugar
Toasted coconut flakes for serving
- Place the sago, coconut milk, milk, 1 cup water and the 100 ml castor or coconut sugar in a saucepan and let it stand for 30 minutes to soak.
- Meanwhile combine the passionfruit pulp, lime zest, juice and the 80 ml castor in a small saucepan and stir on medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Cook until it becomes a syrup (a few minutes) Cool and keep aside.
- Add the salt and toasted coconut to the soaked sago and place on medium heat, bring to a simmer and turn the heat to low. Cook, stirring often until the sago is tender.
- Remove from the heat and spoon into 4 bowls.
- Drizzle with the passionfruit and lime syrup and top with some toasted coconut flakes
- This dessert can also be eaten cold (but I prefer it warm)