PEAR BUTTERSCOTCH PANCAKE STACK
This dish looks great and taste even better! A fabulous breakfast or brunch treat.
Difficulty level: EASY
500 ml cake flour
15 ml baking powder
2 ml salt
30 ml castor sugar
450 ml milk
100 ml butter OR sunflower oil
5 ml vanilla essence
Melted butter for panfrying
4 pears, thinly sliced
60 g butter
50 ml soft brown sugar
chocolate flake for serving (optional)
125 ml cream, whipped for serving
- Sift together the dry ingredients
- Mix together the eggs, milk and melted butter or oil
- Add the liquid gently to the dry ingredients and mix until just mixed – do NOT overmix the batter
- Grease/brush a frying pan lightly with the melted butter and drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan. Cook and turn gently to cook the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Keep warm
- TO CARAMELISE THE PEARS: melt the butter and sugar in a frying pan on medium heat and toss the pear slices into the mixture. Cook for about 1 minute on each side to caramelise.
- TO SERVE: Pile 4 to 5 pancakes on top of one another – with pear slices and dollops of whipped cream in between the layers. Sprinkle with chocolate flakes