PEANUT BUTTER HONEY FUDGE WITH DARK CHOCOLATE TOPPING
(makes 24 squares)
For more fabulous PEELS HONEY recipes go to: www.peels.co.za
100 g butter
100 g Peels honey
250 ml milk
1 tin (385 g) Nestle condensed milk
10 ml vanilla essence
2,5 ml cream of tartar
PEANUT BUTTER TOPPING
150g icing sugar
125 g butter
300g Peels smooth peanut butter
150 g dark chocolate, melted (I use 60% dark chocolate by Tomes)
- Grease and line a square 25 cm baking pan very well.
- Heat the sugar, butter, honey and milk in a saucepan on medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. The mixture must not boil at this stage.
- When all the sugar has dissolved, bring the mixture to the boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk and boil, stirring regularly, until the mixture reaches 118 °C (soft ball stage.
- Remove from the heat, add the vanilla essence and cream of tartar and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Cool while you make the topping
- Heat the topping ingredients (except the chocolate) together in a saucepan on medium heat until melted.
- Mix well and spread the topping over the cooled fudge.
- Cover with the melted chocolate and cool completely until firm and set
- Cut into squares or bars