Amarula panna cotta – with honey roasted figs and shortbread crumble
(Serves 4 )
200ml Amarula cream liqueur
20ml gelatin powder
100 g shortbread, crushed coarsely – for serving
extra honey for serving
- Hydrate (soak) the gelatin in the 50ml water until it is thick/hydrated, then heat it in the microwave oven for about 20 seconds until it is dissolved.
- Combine the cream, Amarula, milk and honey in saucepan and stir over low heat until dissolved. Do not let it boil.
- Add the dissolved gelatin, mix well and divide between 4 -6 ramekins (rinse the ramekins with cold water before use). Place in refrigerator to set for about 3 hours
- Turn the panna cotta’s out onto serving plates (dip quickly into hot water) and serve with the honey roasted figs, shortbread crumble and a drizzle of honey
HONEY ROASTED FIGS
12 medium sized black figs, rinsed but leave skin on
50 ml honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the figs on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Lightly cut/score the figs into quarters and drizzle with the honey. (Do not cut through_
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the figs start to soften and brown slightly. Serve lukewarm