HONEY BANANABREAD WITH TAHINI BUTTER
(Makes one loaf)
125 g butter
80 g honey
40 g brown sugar
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
200g (450 ml) cake flour
2,5 ml salt
5 ml ground cinnamon
2.5 ml bicarbonate of soda
5 ml baking powder
40 ml yoghurt
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
1 firm banana , sliced in half length way
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease and line a medium sized bread tin with baking paper.
- Beat together the butter, honey and brown sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and mix very well. Add the mashed bananas.
- Sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon, bicarb and baking powder and add to the egg mixture.
- Add the yoghurt and mix gently to make the batter
- Spoon into the prepared bread tin, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and place the banana halves on top .
- Bake for about 45 minutes and cool
60 g softened butter
60 ml tahini
30 ml honey
30 ml boiling water
Mix everything and drizzle or spread on the banana bread. If you would like to drizzle it – heat it for a few seconds in the microwave oven