FETA AND SPINACH MUFFINS WITH TZATZIKI
(Makes 12 muffins)
500 ml cake flour
15 ml baking powder
15 ml sugar
10 ml garlic and herb seasoning
150 ml Feta cheese, crumbled (or about 125g)
250 ml Cheddar cheese, grated (120g)
150 ml cooked, drained spinach (200g uncooked spinach)
125 ml olive oil
250 ml amasi
250 g homemade or store bought tzatziki
- Mix the flour, baking powder, garlic and herb seasoning and sugar.
- Add the feta and cheddar cheese. Mix well into the dry ingredients.
- Mix the eggs, olive oil and amasi and mix in the spinach
- Use a metal spoon and add all the liquids to the dry ingredients.
- Mix very lightly to make the stiff batter!
- Spoon into greased muffin pans. (you can line it with paper cups if you prefer). Top with more feta cheese
- Bake at 200ºC for ± 15 minutes
- Eat with butter and tzatziki for a delicious snack or breakfast