STROOPWAFEL ICE-CREAM SANDWICHES
120 g fresh raspberries
grated zest of ½ orange
15 ml orange juice
20 ml icing sugar
500 ml vanilla bean ice cream (buy the best quality ice cream you can afford)
extra raspberries for serving
icing sugar for dusting
- Light crush the raspberries, orange zest, orange juice and icing sugar together with a fork and then stir to combine.
- Place a stroopwafel on each of four serving plates and place two scoops of ice cream on top.
- Squash slightly to flatten the ice cream (or cut out circles of ice cream with a cookie cutter to fit the stroopwafels).
- Spoon the crushed raspberry mixture over the ice cream and top with another stroopwafel. Serve with more fresh raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar.
- Sandwich home-made or store-bought choc chip cookies with coffee ice cream. Drizzle with salted caramel or chocolate sauce when serving.
- Sandwich green macaroons together with peppermint crisp ice cream discs, drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with chopped peppermint chocolate.
- Sandwich thin wafer biscuits together with sugar-free berry sorbet and serve with fresh berries for a lighter option.
- To make ice-cream discs: Soften the ice cream a little and spoon into a clingwrap-lined tray, about 3 cm deep. Smooth the top and freeze. Remove the ice cream from the tray and use a cookie cutter to cut out discs of ice cream in whatever size you prefer.
- Sandwich together two vanilla meringues with a scoop of berry sorbet or strawberry ice cream. Serve with fresh berry coulis and mint.