CILANTRO AND LIME CHICKEN
8 chicken pieces (use thighs and drumsticks)
Salt and pepper for seasoning
50 ml olive oil
45 ml cake flour
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red pepper, seeded and cut into julienne strips
250 ml chicken stock
30 ml lemon juice
Zest of 2 limes
1 bunch or punnet fresh coriander (30g), cleaned, stems removed and lightly chopped
2,5 ml chilli flakes
125 ml cream of use Greek yoghurt
Lime wedges and more fresh coriander for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and dust with the flour.
- Heat one third of the olive oil in a large skillet/frying pan (it must be oven proof) on medium heat and brown the chicken pieces on both side until golden brown. Remove from the pan
- Add another third of the olive oil to the frying pan then add the onion, garlic and red pepper strips. Cook/saute for a few minutes then add the stock, lemon juice, lime zest, fresh coriander and chilli and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the sauce to about half and add the cream.
- Return the chicken to the sauce in the frying pan and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until cooked.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and more fresh coriander.