AVOCADO AND ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH HONEY VINAIGRETTE AND GOATS CHEESE BRUSCHETTA
200 g fresh, blanched green asparagus spears
2 small avocado’s peeled, pitted and sliced
80 g sugar snap peas
80 g baby cucumber
60 g wild rocket
6 slices French loaf
15 ml FIRST CHOICE olive oil
100 g chevin log (soft goats cheese)
30 g toasted pine nuts
60 ml FIRST CHOICE olive oil
30 ml lemon juice
10 ml Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
15 ml PEELS ORANGE BLOSSOM honey
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a container, shake well and keep aside.
- Brush the French loaf slices with the olive oil on both sides, place on a small baking tray and bake in the oven until lightly toasted
- Top with slices of the chevin and return to the oven. Bake until the cheese is soft and melted.
- Assemble the salad ingredients on 2 serving plates, toss with the toasted pine nuts, sprinkle with some vinaigrette and lastly add the bruschetta.