ORECCHIETTE WITH PAN FRIED BEEF STRIPS, MUSHROOMS AND PEPPERS
400 g free range beef fillet – cut into thin strips
30 ml olive oil
1 small onion, sliced thinly
chopped chili to taste
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 small red pepper, cut into strips
200 g mushrooms, washed and sliced
30 g butter
100 g baby spinach
100 g cherry tomatoes, halved and seasoned with salt and pepper
100 ml cream
500 g orecchiette pasta
Salt and black pepper for seasoning
Fresh coriander for serving
- Panfry the fillet strips in half of the olive oil, season and remove from the frying pan.
- Add the rest of the olive oil and add the onion, chili and garlic, cook on low heat until almost soft. Add the red pepper strips and cook for another minute. Season and remove from the frying pan
- Add the butter to the frying pan and cook the mushrooms until cooked and dry – season.
- Add the cooked onion mixture and the meat back to the frying pan.
- Add the baby spinach, tomatoes and the cream and cook for a minute or just until the spinach starts to wilt. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a saucepan with lots of boiling water and enough salt until it is al dente. Drain and stir through a little olive oil.
- Serve the meat sauce on the pasta and top with some fresh coriander