CHICKEN AND PESTO RIGATONI
500 g rigatoni pasta
4 chicken fillets, cut into strips
30 ml olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red pepper – cut into thin strips
1 yellow pepper – cut into thin strips
1 red onion – sliced
125 ml pitted black olives, cut in half
80 ml basil pesto
80 ml cream
shavings of Parmesan cheese
salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Add the pasta to a pot of boiling, salted water and cook until it is al dente. Drain and return the cooked pasta to the saucepan. Add 10 ml of olive oil, toss well and keep warm.
- Sauté the onion in half of the leftover olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat– add the pepper strips, garlic and olives and cook for a few minutes – season with salt and pepper and remove from the frying pan.
- Turn up the heat, add the rest of the olive oil and add the chicken strips. Do not stir immediately – wait for the chicken to start frying and brown on the one side before stirring. Season with salt and pepper and cook on both sides
- Return the cooked onion and pepper mixture to the frying pan, add the pesto and the cream and mix gently.
- Add the pasta and toss well to mix
- Spoon into 4 serving plates and top with parmesan shaving and fresh basil
- Serve immediately