CHOCOLATE PIZZA WITH HOT CHOCOLATE SAUCE AND BERRIES
150 g dark chocolate, chopped
100 g butter
200 ml cake flour
2,5 ml baking powder
pinch of salt
180 ml castor sugar
100 g pecan nuts, chopped
- Melt the chocolate and the butter on medium heat in the microwave oven. Cool slightly.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and the salt together
- Add the eggs and the castor sugar to the melted chocolate mixture and beat well until smooth.
- Stir in the sifted flour and the nuts.
- Turn into a well-greased, non-stick paper lined pizza pan.
- Bake at 170ºC for ± 12 – 15 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool and remove from the pizza pan
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- Mix the 125 ml cream and 100 g dark chocolate on low heat until melted and smooth.
- TO SERVE:
- Cut the pizza into 8 wedges and top with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or crème fraiche, seasonal berries and a good drizzle of hot chocolate sauce.