BAKED CITRUS AND YOGHURT PUDDING WITH ORANGE AND CARDAMOM SYRUP
175 g butter
175 g castor sugar
Zest of 1 clementine, 1 orange and 1 lemon
60 ml Greek style yoghurt
120 g self-raising flour
Pinch of ground cardamom
Pinch of salt
180 ml chopped clementine (2 medium-sized clementines)
200 ml orange juice
80 g castor sugar
Pinch of ground cardamom OR 4 cardamom seeds
Orange segments and mint
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a ovenproof baking dish or 4 small ramekins or dariole moulds very well.
- Cream the butter and castor sugar together and add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the zest and the yoghurt and mix well.
- Fold in the flour, cardamom and salt and lastly fold in the chopped clementine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish or divide between the four ramekins or dariole moulds and bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean (about 15 to 20 minutes)
- Meanwhile make the syrup. Add the orange juice, castor sugar and the cardamom into a small saucepan and dissolve the sugar on medium heat. Boil until it becomes a light syrup and remove from the heat.
- Pour most of the syrup over the baked pudding/s. If you made individual puddings – loosen around the edges and turn out the puddings onto serving plates.
- Drizzle with the rest of the syrup and serve with yoghurt and orange segments plus mint