CREPES WITH PAN FRIED ORANGES AND HONEY WHIPPED MASCARPONE
250 ml flour
2,5 ml baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
45 ml sunflower oil
30 ml lemon juice
375 ml milk
HONEY WHIPPED MASCARPONE
250 g yoghurt
150 g mascarpone
Zest of one orange
50 g honey
PAN FRIED ORANGES
4 oranges, peeled and cut into 1 cm thick slices
30 g butter
20 g castor sugar
30 g honey
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl mix together the eggs, oil, lemon juice and the milk.
- Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and mix well until smooth. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Brush a 22cm non-stick frying pan with a little oil and pour in about 50 ml of the batter, tilt to coat the base of the pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until the top is set and cooked through. Quickly turn it over with a spatula and cook briefly on the other side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter to make about 8 crepes
- Melt the butter and castor sugar in another frying pan and cook until the butter starts to foam and brown. Add the orange slices and cook for about 1 minute on each side. Use a slotted spoon to remove the oranges from the pan and keep aside.
- Add the 30 g honey to the pan and simmer over low heat until it becomes a syrup. If it becomes too thick – add a bit of water
- Beat together the mascarpone, yoghurt, zest and 50 g honey until it becomes thick and like a mousse
- Spoon mascarpone mixture onto a quarter of each crepe, fold in half, then in half again.
- Place two crepes each on 4 serving plates, divide the orange slices between the plates and drizzle with the honey syrup