SPICY SWEET POTATO SOUP – WITH RED THAI CURRY CHICKEN STRIPS
600 g peeled and chopped sweet potato
1 peeled and chopped large potato
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
30ml grated root ginger
Chopped chilli (to taste)
500ml chicken stock
1 tin coconut milk or coconut cream
10ml Thai red curry paste
3 deboned chicken breasts – cut into thin strips
salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in the oil.
- Add the sweet potato and potato as well as the chicken stock. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the coconut milk and liquidise. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Sauté the chicken in a little bit of oil and add the red curry paste.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls and top with the spicy chicken strips Add some chopped fresh coriander .