ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH TRUFFLE OIL AND PARMESAN
2 medium sized heads of cauliflower, florets removed
30 ml olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
250 g sliced leeks
20 g butter
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
500 ml milk
1 liter chicken stock
100 ml crème fraiche
20 g finely grated parmesan cheese
30 ml good quality truffle oil
Parmesan shavings for serving
Truffle oil for serving
Micro herbs for garnish
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C
- Place the cauliflower florets onto a baking tray, drizzle with half of the olive oil, sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and roast in the oven until cooked and lightly charred.
- Saute the leeks in the rest of the olive oil and the butter for about 2 minutes, add the garlic.
- Add most of the cauliflower, the milk and stock to the leeks and simmer for 10 minutes (low heat with lid on)
- Cool the soup
- Add the crème fraiche and blend the soup – it must be very smooth
- Reheat the soup and taste to adjust the seasoning
- Blend the grated parmesan cheese and truffle oil well together in a coffee grinder to make a puree.