50 ml breadcrumbs
50 ml water
500 g lean beef mince
100 ml finely chopped onion
50 ml chopped fresh parsley
15 ml barbecue spice
5 ml salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
30 ml Worcestershire sauce
60 ml cake flour
20 ml olive oil
30 ml lemon juice
30 ml olive oil
30 ml basil pesto
2 balls fior di latte, torn into chunks
2 avocadoes, peeled, stoned and cut into chunks
2 nectarines, stoned and cut into thin wedges
Romaine lettuce, wild rocket, basil leaves
Salt and ground black pepper
- To make the meatballs: Mix together the breadcrumbs and the water and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the mince, chopped onion, parsley, egg, spices, Worcestershire sauce and the soaked, drained breadcrumbs. Mix very well.
- Shape the mixture into about small meatballs, each weighing about 35 g.
- Roll each meatball in the flour, then dust off any excess flour.
- Heat 20 ml of the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and fry the meatballs on all sides until brown and cooked. Cool
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and keep aside
- Assemble the salad (4 individual plates or 1 large platter), Drizzle the dressing over the salad and season. Eat with crusty bread for a fabulous light meal.