3 sheets filo pastry
80 g butter, melted
200 g soft goats cheese
30 ml honey
Fresh thyme leaves
More honey for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mix together the honey and the goats cheese and divide into 12 portions
- Unroll a sheet of filo horizontally on the work surface.
- Cut the filo sheet in half lengthways, and in half crossways to make 4 rectangles.
- Brush generously with butter.
- Sprinkle some thyme leaves along the short side of each pastry rectangle and fold it in about 4cm to encase it. Crumble or roll a portion of goats cheese in a line along the opposite side of the thyme.
- Fold 1 cm of the filo on the long sides of the rectangle over the goats cheese (bottom and top)
- Starting at the goats cheese end, roll the pastry once over the goats cheese and carry on rolling all way to the thyme, sealing the join with a bit more melted butter (use your finger tips or a brush).
- Repeat the process to make 4 cigars and then with the rest of the pastry and cheese to make a total of 12 cigars.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush the cigars once more with melted butter. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp
- Served drizzled with honey