BEST Chicken nachos for the whole family
These nachos are SO delicious and super quick and easy to prepare. It is also quite a healthy mealvwhich the whole family will enjoy – its like eating out at half of the price!
30 ml oil
500 g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
80 g sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
250 g tinned corn kernels, drained (or you can use fresh cooked corn cut off the cob)
200 ml mild tomato salsa OR Peppadew salsa (you can buy this or make your own)
350 g plain nachos
250 ml grated Cheddar cheese (or use half Cheddar and half mozzarella)
2 avocados, peeled and sliced
15 ml lime juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
120 ml sour cream
60 ml thinly sliced jalapeño chillies (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat and cook the chicken strips until done and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan.
- Add the onion and the garlic to the same pan and cook until soft and starting to caramelise. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Add the chicken to the onion mixture along with the cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and corn.
- Divide the nachos between four ovenproof serving bowls (or one large dish) and spoon the chicken mixture over the nachos.
- Spoon over the salsa.
- Top with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and golden brown (about 12 minutes).
- Season the avocados with salt and pepper and drizzle over the lime juice.
- Serve the nachos immediately with the soured cream, avocado and the jalapeño chillies on the side or piled on top.
OH!!!! I LOVE to add some fresh coriander to this dish just before serving – but if you don’t like coriander – you can leave it out!